Carcar was the big winner in yesterday’s Pasigarbo sa Subgo. After the finishing 3rd last year behind Bantayan and Sibonga, Carcar City‘s Kabkaban festival came back this year with a vengeance. They were not as loud in the press as the champions and runner-up of last year in run-up towards the big event but they made their statement during the competition itself. The victory was worth 1 Million pesos. Kabkaban is derived from the word “kabkab” which is a fern found in Carcar City. The City also placed well in street dancing and decorated audio van.
Argao town’s LaTorta festival placed third in the best in showdown and they won the best jingle and the street dance competition. There were 29 contingents that performed this year.
Here are the major winners of the 2011 Pasigarbo sa Sugbo:
Best in Festival Costume: Kagasangan Festival of Moalboal
Best in Festival Jingle: La Torta Festival of Argao
- Cebu province, CCCI tie up for Turismo Sugbo (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- 3 weeks on the Road: Cebu-2nd leg (mimosantos.wordpress.com)
- She’s all I wanted for the rest of my life (s3jan.wordpress.com)
- Laag 29: Hide and Seek in Argao’s Riverstone Castle (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- SM City Consolacion is NOW OPEN (cebulive.wordpress.com)
- StreetDance 2 (2012) HD And Dvd Movies Download Free (rafequl.typepad.com)