Last weekend, Gadja 2015, Cebu’s biggest semestral break party was held at the Aboitiz Sports Field. It was a fun-filled that was participated by hundreds of students from the different universities in Cebu. The two-day culminated with an Earth Hour celebration and a rave featuring some of the best local DJs. Here are 7 things that made Gadja 2015 memorable:
7. Fireworks – Watching fireworks with you new friends, classmates, and crushes can make any night to remember. Gadja 2015 had well-timed fireworks that pumped up the crowd.
6. Bands – There were several school-based bands who showcased their amazing talents in Gadja 2015.
5. Food – There were so many food options at the event. The big Daddy Truck was there serving burgers. Braddex was for their famous dim sum specialties. There was even Tuslob-Buwa. Frostbites was also there with their delicious ice cream sandwich creations.
4. Dance Numbers – It was not only singing, students from different schools also showed off their dancing prowess.
3. Bonfire – During the Earth Hour, a large bonfire was lit in the middle of the Aboitiz Sports Field. There was also an entertaining fire dance number.
2. Rave – Despite several interruptions, Gadja 2015 finished with a flurry with Rave featuring some of Cebu’s top DJs. The party was cut off twice at around 11 pm because the stage suddenly lost power. When the Rave restarted, a DJ act was cut short because somebody threw paint towards the DJ which caused the mixer to malfunction. The organizers had to reboot and they recovered well after those minor blips. The participants were having so much fun and party went on way past midnight.
1. Students – Gadja is all about the students. Gadja is taken from the words Garbo and Sadja which means Pride and Merrymaking. School pride was there. Merrymaking was a big check. All in all, #Gadja2015 was a successful event and it can be so much better in the years to come. For sure, many are looking forward to #Gadja2016 already.