A lot of roads in Cebu City will be closed starting today as more pilgrims, devotees, and tourists head to the Basilica Minore del Santo Nino. Mayor Mike Rama has ordered several streets closed down to prevent congestion in the streets leading to the church.
Roads Closed Today:
- Jakosalem Street from corner Legaspi Street to corner M.C. Briones
- M.C. Briones Street from corner Jakosalem to corner P. Burgos
- P. Bugos Street from corner M.C. Briones to corner Legaspi
- Legaspi Street from corner P. Burgos to corner Jakosalem
Meanwhile, the Cebu Business Park management has also announced the closure of the following roads:
1. Cardinal Rosales Avenue from Corner Mindanao Avenue to corner Luzon Avenue from 1 AM of January 17 to 6 AM of January 19
2. Pescaderos, Sumilon, and Boracay Roads from 6PM January 15 to 6AM January 19.
Vehicles going to establishments near the area like the Ayala Centre Mall, Marriott, and Cebu City Sports Club are advised to take Mindanao Avenue or Luzon Avenue as access.