Resorts World Manila – Rubilen “Bingkay” Amit became the first woman to win 2 Women’s World 10-Ball titles by beating 2011 champion Kelly Fisher of England, 10-7. The Mandaue City native previously won the title in 2009 in the inaugural running of what is now of the most prestigious pool tournament for Women.
The championship was was a thrilling see-saw battle with Amit having to comeback from 2 rack deficits (1-3, 4-6) before nosing out the Englishwoman. The pressure of playing in a hostile environment somehow affected the 2011 champ as Fisher made crucial errors in the final 3 racks of the game. Amit took full advantage of the opportunities given by her opponent by cleaning up the table to win the last 3 racks of what was a 7-all match. By winning the title, Amit bagged $21,000 while Fisher settled for $10,000. The losing semifinalists were Han Yu of China and Pei Chen Tsai of Chinese-Taipei.
Next up for Amit is the inaugural Jbet.com Queens Cup to be held today till Thursday at the same venue. The Queen’s Cup will feature the top female players from Asia and the West battling for team supremacy. Amit will team up with Ga Young Kim, Pei Chen Tsai and Chen Si Ming for the East Team. The West Team will be composed of Fisher, Jasmin Ouschan, Vivian Villareal, and Allison Fisher.
- Amit wins World 10 ball championship (rappler.com)
- Amit reclaims Women’s World 10-ball title after outplaying Fisher (balitaktakan.wordpress.com)
- Amit storms back to make World 10 ball Finals (rappler.com)
- Amit reclaims Women’s World 10-ball title after outplaying Fisher (sports.inquirer.net)
- Amit part of 2012 World Team Pool Championship
- Amit in the 2011 Women’s World 10-Ball Championship