The 2013 edition of the Ronda Pilipinas has started. As usual the first few stages will be in Mindanao. This year’s Ronda is set earlier and it will have 2 stages in Cebu. Just like last year, Cebu has a “home” team as Team Cebu Y101 FM is one of the 12 teams in the countries premier nationwide cycling tour.
Stage 1 was a 132km ride from Zamboanga City to the town of Ipil. A group of 5 cyclists finished the race on top with a time of 3:07:08. Among the five was Team Cebu Y101 FM’s Marvin Tapic. He was with stage winner Ericson Obosa of Roadbike Philippines/ RTS, American Vinyl’s Cris Joven, Philippine Navy‘s Santy Barnachea, and fellow young rider Vicente Vicmar of Team Mindanao Cycleline. Tapic also gained 14 sprint points for the day.
The next best finisher for Team Cebu Y101 FM is Renato Sembrano who placed 13th and 2:37 minutes behind the pacesetters. Other members of Team Cebu are veteran Warren Davadilla, Emelito Atilano, Bernard Luzon, Jayjay Tolentino, and the sons of legendary Cebuano rider Rolando Pagnanawon, Jaybop and rookie Junvie.
- Ericson Obosa
- Cris Joven
- Santy Barnachea
Stage 1 Team Honors:
- V-Mobile Smart 9:24:57
- Team Tarlac/ Team Mindanao/Philippine Navy 1:23 behind
- Obosa rules first stage of Ronda Pilipinas (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Ronda Pilipinas 2013 starting in Zamboanga City (mindanews.com)
- Sinulog 2013 activities (cebuislandlive.com)
- Lapu-Lapu ready for Ronda Pilipinas (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- John Rene Mier is best young rider of 2012 Ronda Pilipinas