Mutya Ng Pilipinas Tourism 2012 Rizzini Alexis Gomez of Cebu bested 54 other beauty queens to be crowned Miss Tourism International 2012 on New Year’s Eve in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The 22 year old registered nurse from Cebu became the second ever Filipina to win the pageant that started in 1994. Filipina Maria Esperanza Manzano won in 2000.
First runner-up and Miss Tourism Global was awarded Marielis Alejandra Castellanos Perez from Venezuela. Other runner-ups were Australia’s Monika Rodulovic (Miss Tourism Metropolitan International), Paraguay’s Lourdes Maria Del Carmen Motta Rolon (Miss Tourism Cosmopolitan International) and Malaysia’s Jun Yong Wan Jun (Dreamgirl of the Year).
It was a great to end the year for the Cebuana beauty queen who was very busy in 2012. She joined the Binibining Pilipinas pageant last April were Miss Universe 2012 first runner-up Janine Tugonon was crowned. Gomez did not make it to the semifinals of the said pageant. In June, she became a semifinalist in Miss World Philippines but failed to bag a crown. Her winning streak started when she was crowned as Mutya ng Pilipinas Tourism last August. Rizzini is the daughter of former PBA three-point specialist and now University of Cebu basketball coach Roel Gomez.
- Miss Tourism International 2012 Rizzini Alexis Gomez: A welcome win in Kuala Lumpur! (normannorman.com)
- Philippines bags Miss Tourism International crown (rappler.com)
- Rizzini Alexis Gomez: Last Pinay Beauty Queen to Compete in 2012! (adventuresofabeautyqueen.com)
- Rizzini Alexis Gomez of the Philippines Wins Miss Tourism International 2012! (adventuresofabeautyqueen.com)
- Mutya ng Pilipinas 2012: Cebu City’s Rizzini Alexis Gomez bags Tourism title