In the May 2010 elections, Tomas Osmeña was up against Jonathan “Atan” Guardo for the congressional seat of the Cebu City-South district. Osmeña won via landslide along with the whole Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan (BOPK) lineup. In 2007, Guardo lost to BOPK’s Antonio Cuenco for the same congressional seat. Will Guardo be against Tomas in 2013?
Not likely! Last night, Atan announce his support for Osmeña’s in the 2013 elections during the joint birthday party of the Congressman and his wife Councilor Margot Osmeña held at the SM Cebu Trade Hall. Guardo made his announcement in front of many BOPK members and prominent political figures like Saranggani Representative and People’s Champ Manny Pacquaio, Senators Chiz Escudero and Jinggoy Estrada and Transportation and Communication Secretary Mar Roxas. He said in his speech that his birthday gift to his former opponent was his all-out support for his mayoralty bid in 2013. He also gave the congressman a cake with the message “Type O nata!”. Guardo has not announced his political plans for the coming elections.
- Pols expected to exploit Pacquiao fight (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Junjun Osmeña for Cebu south? (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Annabelle Rama may be running for Congress (entertainment.inquirer.net)
- May 2013 Elections: Bakud allies with Liberal Party (cebuislandlive.com)
- Graft case versus Cebu Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia filed before the Sandiganbayan (cebuislandlive.com)
- Tomas welcomes ex-opponent (Sunstar)