As part of the celebrations of the 443rd founding anniversary of the Province of Cebu, David Odilao, Jr. and the Guardian Delta Force International, Inc. will organize a 5-day cycling event on August 8 to 12. The event dubbed as the “Cebu Challenge Cycling Classic ” will have 5 stages including the prologue and the criterium.
On August 8, the Cebu Challenge Cycling Classic will start with 40-km individual time trial prologue at the South Road Properties. The next day, it will be 101.7 km race from Cebu City to the northern city of Bogo. From Bogo the next stage will be 186.9km ride to Toledo City in the western of the province. The next race will be from Toledo to Argao in the southern part of Cebu. The 5-day cycling event will culminate with a 60 km criterium that will finish at Cebu International Convention Center (CICC).
The total prize pot for the event is P581,000. P354,000 will be for team prizes while the rest are for individual winners. Aside from the main classification, the organizers will also award the sprint king, king of the mountain, and the best young rider.
Registration is now open and the list up will be up to August 5. A team is required to register up to five cyclists and three crew members.
- 12th WEKAF World Championships: Host Philippines Champion again! (cebuislandlive.com)
- 2012 Ronda Pilipinas Stage 6: Y101FM/Cebu 3rd best team for the day; Surban places 5th (cebulive.wordpress.com)
- Cebu province, CCCI tie up for Turismo Sugbo (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Cebuano John Rene Mier is Ronda 2012 Best Young Rider
- 2012 Philcycling Officers