On August 5, 2012, Cebu will host the biggest Ironman event in Philippine history. The 2012 Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines will start at the famed Shangri-La’s Mactan Island Resort in Lapu-Lapu City where the participants will swim a 1.9 kilometer open water course to start the race. The swim course will be from Shangri-La to Movenpick to Portofino Beach Resort and back to Shangri-La. The race will be scheduled to start at 6:15 am.
After the long swim, the Ironmen and Ironwomen will then have a 90 km bike ride to Talisay City and back. The course will pass through the Marcelo Fernan Bridge, Cebu International Convention Center, Plaza Independencia, and the South Road Properties.
Cebuanos are encouraged to watch and support the event.
The winners and finishers will get medals and trophies designed by internationally renowned Cebuano designer Kenneth Cobonpue.
- Cobra Ironman 70.3 takes to the sea (ulikblogrunner.wordpress.com)
- Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines 2012 (kalongkong.wordpress.com)
- Ironman 70.3 (challengeandy.wordpress.com)
- Lapu-Lapu gears up for hosting of Cobra Energy Drink Ironman 70.3 Philippines (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Marcelo Fernan Bridge repairs completed (cebuislandlive.com)
- How ready are Cebu roads for Ironman? (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Ironman 70.3 Vineman 2012 – looking back, looking ahead (lifewithnolimits.wordpress.com)
- IronMan 70.3 Racine (findingmyhappypace.com)