ABS-CBN was able to capture on video parts of an incident involving feisty Cebuano talent manager Annabelle Rama and showbiz writer Chito Alcid during Dolphy‘s wake. The incident happened in one room at the Heritage Park where stars of Sampaguita pictures had a gathering to remember the King of Comedy.
According to some witnesses, they saw Annabelle chase Alcid holding a cane and trying to strike and poke him with the object. German “Kuya Germs” Moreno and Gov. Chavit Singson were able to stop Annabelle from catching the writer. Rama left the wake a few minutes after the incident accompanied by a bodyguard.
There is a pending case of libel against Alcid filed in Cebu by the talent manager. After the incident, Annabelle Rama poured her emotion in Twitter. She twitted that she got so irked at Alcid when he started writing negative articles about her children. She also apologized to the family of the late Dolphy Quizon. Annabelle Rama’s annabellerama2 account has 288,144 followers in the social working site. Chito Alcid is planning to file charges against Annabelle Rama in connection with the incident.
- Annabelle Rama files libel against 3 showbiz personalties; almost sure running for Cebu City North district congressional seat (cebuislandlive.com)
- Annabelle to run in north, brings showbiz fight here (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- ¡Salamat, Dolphy! (filipinoscribbles.wordpress.com)
- Weird “Coincidences”: Dolphy’s time of death became Swertres winning combination the next day (cebuislandlive.com)
- Aquino declares Friday a National Day of Remembrance to honor Dolphy (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Rama creates a scene at Dolphy’s wake (pep.ph)
- Alcid’s statement on the incident (pep.ph)