A heavy downpour yesterday afternoon surprised Cebu and many streets and areas became flooded. I saw one of the heaviest rain fall since January 25 when floods hit parts of Cebu. According to Pagasa weather analyst Rafael Tapales, Cebu was hit by a monsoon trap. He said monsoon traps were like waves of wind and water accompanied usually with thunder and lightning. It can last from 30 minutes to an hour. Another one is expected today and just right now, it is starting to rain hard. Hopefully, the volume of rain will not be as much as yesterday. It seems to be that rains have caused a lot of problems now in the cities of Cebu and Manduae. It is truly time to upgrade the drainage systems as well clear the creeks of an hindrances (much less houses).
- Storm warning lifted in metro as LPA, monsoon rains ease up (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Cooped Up – Cebu City, Philippines (travelpod.com)
- Reading the rains (thehindu.com)
- Cebu to experience rains as ‘Ambo’ exits (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Island Hop the Philippines with SpiceRoads Cycle Tours (pr.com)