Last summer, our family spent a weekend at Imperial Palace Mactan. Imperial Palace is one of the newest resorts in the famed Mactan Island. The Korean venture boasts of a water park that can make your stay a fun-filled event. The park has slides where children and the young at heart can truly enjoy a holiday by the beach.
The water park is designed by Dream Park International. The resort has 5 themed pools:
1. The Beach Pool – this is the main pool and it has a small “island” in the middle where a bar is located.
2. Wave Rider – is a wave pool where you can have enjoy wading through waves of “un-salty” water.
3. Amazon Lazy River allows guests to travel around a running “river”. Guests can use inflatable tube to float around the resort.
4. Captain Hook’s Pool is the kiddie pool that allows children to fantasize as pirates.
5. Slides- the resort has 3 slides and it’s most famous is the Space Bowl. This slide allows you to slide from a very high location and you will end up bowl where the water is swirling and will spin you before falling for another 6 feet.
The resort has ample lifeguards and safety is a priority.
You can also go to the sea and take a dip. Water sports equipment is also available.
The rooms are quiet spacious and the resort has 8 restaurants to choose from.
We really enjoyed our stay and had great fun taking pictures and swimming at the pool. We are looking forward to our next visit soon.
Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort and Spa (63-32) 4945000; fax (63-32) 4945100.
Swimming at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort
- Pool Fun (ssimplyme.com)
- Family vacation: Water parks offer close-to-home getaways (orbitz.com)
- LEGOLAND Florida: Water Park is now open! (brickextra.wordpress.com)
- Summer Staycation Guide: Kids or no kids (azfamily.com)