Provincial Board Member Thadeo Ouano has formally informed Governor Gwendolyn Garcia about his move to the ruling Liberal Party. His affiliation to President Aquino’s party signaled the start of a super coalition in Mandaue. PB Ouano will now be allied to Mandaue Mayor Jonas Cortes and Congressman Luigi Quisumbing. His daughter Mandaue City Councilor Emmarie “Lollipop” Ouano-Dizon joined LP earlier this year.
The Liberal Party now practically controls the 6th district and the new development will give the gubernatorial slate of Hilario Davide III and Vice-governor Agnes Magpale a strong organizational advantage in the vote rich district. The One Cebu Party has not yet announced who will lead their local slate in the area next year.
PB Thadeo Ouano said he will still be supporting the senate aspirations of the governor, who has been his ally for many years. His main reason of moving to Liberal Party is to keep his family united as his daughter is part of LP and his father longtime mayor Alfredo Ouano wanted him to move to LP.
- May 2013 Elections: Bakud allies with Liberal Party (cebuislandlive.com)
- Ouano in Bakud-LP meet, mum on transfer (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- PB dad backs Davide (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Mandaue Senior Citizens get cash aid (cebuislandlive.com)
- 2013 Elections Preview: Cebu First District will be Samsam vs. Abe (cebuislandlive.com)