Hoops Dome, Lapu-Lapu City – Dodie Peñalosa got his first taste of the canvass in his pro boxing career as he got knocked down in his bout against Donriel Marcos in the first round. He was able to recover and he fired some good punches before the opening round ended. In the second round, the son of ex-World champ Dodie Boy got decked again after a low blow. Outside the stumbles, Dodie Jr. dominated the fight and ended up winning by TKO in the 3rd round. He now has 7 KO wins in all of his 7 matches. Marcos drops to 10-14.
Dodie Jr.’s younger brother, Dave, won his professional debut as eked out a unanimous decision win over John Edu Torbiso.
Michael Fareñas (33-3-3 26 KOs) captured the Philippines Games and Amusement Board featherweight title with unanimous decision win over Edgar Gabejan.
Eden Sonsona (28-6-0 8KOs) TKOed Goodwin Tubigon in the 7th Round.
Rodel Wenceslao decisions Soony Katiangdagho.
The other winners of the night were Virgilio Silvano, Jimmy Paypa, Raymond Empic, Jhaleel Payao, and Jerome Casas.
The main matches will be televised via GMA TV.
- Laban ng Lahi: Dugong Kampeon Results (cebulive.wordpress.com)
- All systems go for tomorrow’s Laban ng Lahi: Dugong Kampeon (cebulive.wordpress.com)
- Philippine Boxing Results (1st Week of August) (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Lapu-Lapu City to host PBA game (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Rocky Fuentes defends OPBF flyweight belt (caloysports.wordpress.com)