Cebu City – A magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck Bohol at 8:12 am this morning. The epicenter was 21 km NorthEast of Tagbilaran City, Bohol. The earthquake was strongly felt in Bohol and the nearby island of Cebu. Several aftershocks were felt after the earthquake. Several buildings in Cebu and Bohl were damaged including the Cebu Doctor’s University in the Reclamation Area. The Sto. Nino Church in Cebu suffered heavy damage while Loboc Church in Bohol had extensive damage. Here are some photos on some buildings and structures in Cebu:
No classes in Cebu City tomorrow as engineers will assess the school building structures city-wide. No classes as well in Bohol and the rest of Cebu province. Residents in affected areas are advised to stay alert for possible aftershocks.
Feel free to send or post your photos in this blog. You may also email pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Deaths as big quake hits Philippines (adelaidenow.com.au)
- Developer to pour P16B into VisMin (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- BREAKING NEWS: 7.2 quake hits southern Philippines 4 DEAD (lunaticoutpost.com)
- In case of emergency: List of AM stations in Cebu
- Where was I in the Feb. 6. 2012 Earthquake
- Emergency Numbers in Cebu
- Earthquake Readiness Tips
- Strong quake kills at least 67 in central Philippines (reuters.com)
- Death toll in Bohol quake up to 175, damage to infrastructure over P500M – NDRRMC (newsinfo.inquirer.net)