Here are the areas under a storm signal in the December 3 11 am update by the PAGASA for Typhoon Pablo.
|Areas Having Public Storm Warning Signal|
(101-185 kph winds)
|None||None||Surigao del Sur
Surigao del Norte
Agusan del Norte
Agusan del Sur
|Signal No. 2
(61-100 kph winds)
Davao del Norte
|Signal No. 1
(30-60 kph winds)
|Cuyo Island||Eastern Samar
Davao del Sur
The typhoon is now heading West Northwest towards the Surigao provinces at 24 km/h. Pablo is expected to landfall tomorrow morning in the Bislig-Hinatuan area. Several provinces in Mindanao is now under signal No.3. Typhoon Pablo is more than 2 times as strong as Typhoon Sendong that battered Mindanao around a year ago. The typhoon has a similar of the infamous typhoon that heavily damaged Cagayan de Oro City and Iligan. People in Northern Mindanao and the Visayas are advised to make necessary preparations and precautions to minimize the impact of the typhoon in their daily life. Residents in flood-prone and landslide prone areas should find safer areas to stay while the typhoon is still affecting the country.
Storm signal No.1 is up in Cebu along with the other Visayas islands except Bohol and Southern which currently under signal No.2. Typhoon Pablo is 995 km SouthEast of Metro Cebu as of 6 a.m. today. Maximum sustained wind has somehow decreased to 215 km/h which is still way higher than the typical typhoons experienced by the country in recent years.
- Super Typhoon Pablo update: PAGASA issue storm signals; Track now similar to Sendong (cebuislandlive.com)
- Super Typhoon Pablo Update: Super Typhoon enters PAR follows path of Ruping (1990) (cebuislandlive.com)
- Super Typhoon could affect Cebu next week! (cebuislandlive.com)
- Storm signal #1 over 18 provinces (rappler.com)
- Signal No. 2 up over Surigao Sur, Davao Oriental as ‘Pablo’ weakens (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Tips on Preparing for the Super Typhoon
- My memories of Ruping