If you are from Cebu, Bohol, Negros, or Panay and you are planning for a grand Christmas party sometime next week, you better postpone your party plans as a super typhoon is coming your way. Typhoon Pablo which is internationally know as Bopha has escalated into a category 4 typhoon. As of 5 a.m. today, super typhoon Bopha has been spotted near Palau Islands packing winds that are as strong as 240 km/h.
In a few hours Bopha will enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility and will begin to affect the weather in the northeastern part of Mindanao. Based on a forecast by the US Navy, the weather disturbance will be crossing the Visayas group of islands starting Tuesday December 4.
PAGASA has not raised any storm signals yet but the strength of the typhoon could mean that they will be giving Storm Signals as high as No.4 in the coming days. Residents especially those living in coastal areas are advised to take necessary precautions and continue to monitor the situation. This early people living in the forecasted path must start charging their emergency lights, buying batteries and flashlights, store some food, and strengthen structures that could easily be damaged by strong winds. The typhoon has also a wide rain band and residents in flood prone and landslide prone areas must make emergency plans this early.
- Super Typhoon could affect Cebu next week! (cebuislandlive.com)
- Super Typhoon BOPHA with 275kph winds to hit Philippines (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- Approaching storm now a typhoon (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- ‘Bopha’ may inflict more damage than ‘Sendong’ (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Tropical Storm BOPHA (26W) upgraded to a Typhoon (JTWC) – 301112 0730z (goatysnews.wordpress.com)
- LGUs prepare for strong Typhoon ‘Pablo’ (rappler.com)
- Time to prepare for a super typhoon