Cebu, Philippines – The province of Cebu will be celebrating its 443rd founding anniversary. Republic Act 8952 declared that August 6 is a special non-working holiday in the whole island of Cebu including Cebu City. The long weekend coincided the opening of the 11-day 2012 One Cebu Expo at the Cebu International Convention Center on Friday, August 3. On August 5, the much-awaited Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines will be held and the race route will include Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Cebu City, and Talisay City. Well-wishers can expect some local and international celebrities like Jenson Button, Richard Guttierez, Jennylyn Mercado, and Jerico Rosales compete in half-ironman triathlon.
It will very eventful weekend, enjoy!!!
- 11 Days to go before Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines (cebuislandlive.com)
- Miss World Philippines 2012: Queenerich Rehman crowned; Lapu-Lapu City’s Vanessa Amman is second princess (cebuislandlive.com)
- 2 Koreans arrested for rape of 2 Japanese in Lapu-Lapu City (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- August 6 2012 Cebu charter day holiday (rightonthemark.wordpress.com)
- Robinsons Galleria Cebu launched (cebuislandlive.com)
- Biazon unveils P4 M seizure, eyes Customs house return (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- SEAir starts flights to Cebu (business.inquirer.net)