Another Cebu product is set to invade the UAAP basketball scene. Kris Porter, who played for Sacred Heart School-Ateneo de Cebu (SHS-AdC) Passerelle Team, is going to play for the Ateneo Blue Eagles basketball team. The good-looking Cebuano hopes to follow the success of former UV Green Lancers Center Greg Slaughter in the famous school in Loyola Heights, Quezon City. Porter is not new in the UAAP as he was a part of the Ateneo Blue Eaglets last year and he was a member of the UAAP Junior’s basketball Mythical Five along with fellow Cebuano Jerie Pingoy of FEU.
Porter is one of the few lucky Blue Eaglets who got elevated directly to the Senior’s team. He will probably have limited action in his freshman year but he is expected to contribute whenever Coach Norman Black calls his number. He will probably be featured in many publications with his unique mix of talent and good looks. Just recently, he is on the cover of Chalk Magazine July 2012 edition along with DLSU‘s Gab Reyes. Indeed, Kristoffer Porter is having a good start on his UAAP senior’s basketball journey.
Good luck, Kris!
- Cebuanos Kim Chiu, Shaina Magdayao, and Matteo Guidicelli among Yes! Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful Stars of 2012 (cebuislandlive.com)
- Cesafi Board of Trustees to decide on league’s amended rules and regulations today (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- NU ready to host UAAP Season 75 in ritzy MOA Arena (sports.inquirer.net)
- Bea’s First Day of Ballet School (marrylallwrite.com)
- Does Nia Long’s Essence Magazine Cover Glamorize Single Parenting? (clutchmagonline.com)
- Baby Lancers fall short in PBA Coca-Cola Nationals after getting beaten by San Beda (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- UAAP Junior’s 2011: Pingoy and Porter banner Mythical 5
- Cebuanos in UAAP Junior Basketball